5.16m of textual records and other material
6, 024 photographs
- 652 prints
- 3315 negatives
- 1216 Contact sheets
- 489 slides
- 50 transparencies
- 302 Polaroid instant prints
64 video recordings
- 24 Betacam cassettes (ca. 12 hrs.)
- 34 - 3/4 in. videocassettes (ca. 15 hrs.)
- 6 VHS cassettes (ca. 3 hrs.)
- 23 rolls 16 mm A/B rolls (ca.22,940 ft.
- 1 roll 16 mm C rolls (ca. 1000 ft.)
- 23 rolls 16 mm duplicate negative (23,705 ft)
- 28 rolls 16 mm optical soundtrack (27,764 ft)
- 23 rolls 16 mm interpositive (23,300 ft)
- 4 rolls 16 mm. Internegative (4060 ft)
- 1 roll 16 mm. release print (1090 ft)
- 1 roll 35 mm. magnetic soundtrack (2400 ft)
4 Architectural drawings
11 award certificates
21 - 3.5 in. floppy discs (scripts/transcripts)
Fonds consists of material pertaining to first four short films that grew into the series and the subsequent season of production of the half-hour television series The Kids of Degrassi Street. The show ran from 1979 – 1984, and all 4 short films and 22 episodes were broadcast on CBC television. The collection consists of 121 boxes of material spanning all episodes of the show. The fonds is divided into 2 series: Corporate Records and Post-Production Records.
The first series, Corporate Records, consists of 15 boxes. These include correspondence/memos, resumes and bios, fan mail, budgets, scripts, promotional materials, teaching aids, financial and banking records, sponsor files, production and continuity stills, character files, legal documents, insurance documents, music cue sheets, and architectural drawings.
The second series, Post-Production Records, consists of 20 boxes. These include 16 mm original negative, interpositive, A&B rolls, optical soundtrack, music, master mix audio, edits, various masters, and promo reels. Textual documents include sound notes/charts, editing/mix notes and credits.
The material has retained its original arrangement.
This fonds includes textual material relating to the following productions:
- The Kids of Degrassi Street (Television, 1979-1984)
This fonds also includes audiovisual material relating to the following productions:
- The Kids of Degrassi Street (Television, 1979 - 1984)
A) No access restriction.
B) Material is subject to copyright restrictions; please consult an archivist.